The Feminist Bird Club's Birding for a Better World: A Guide to Finding Joy and Community in Nature
By Molly Adams and Sydney Anderson
Birding is for everyone. That is the sentiment on which the Feminist Bird Club (FBC) was founded in 2016 and the spirit that is celebrated in this original and timely book. In these pages, Molly Adams, FBC founder, and Sydney Golden Anderson offer readers:
- A celebration of birding and the outdoors
- Examples of how inclusive, affirming, and joyful an activity birding can be
- Awareness of the crucial inclusivity issues facing birding communities today
- Related ideas for radical inclusivity and how to break down barriers around birding for marginalized communities
- Information on the ecological challenges facing birds and all life on earth including habitat loss and warming temperatures
- Actionable steps everyone can take toward environmental justice
- Journaling prompts throughout to offer moments of self-reflection
The Feminist Bird Club's Birding for a Better World illustrates how anyone can engage in the universally available activity of birding, and support equity and environmental justice at the same time, making an excellent gift or self-purchase for seasoned birders and beginners alike, as well as for nature lovers, social justice activists, and anyone seeking actionable information about accessibility and inclusivity in the bird watching community.
Size: 5.5 x 8 inches
Illustrations: 90 original illustrations from the Feminist Bird Club community.